Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Just Thinking

Have you ever had a moment so embarrassing that when you think about it later, you roll your eyes in spite of yourself? Well I have those moments a lot. I have noticed that so many people, sometimes even myself, dwell on the past, sometimes too much. I know I have had my fare share of moments....
In 6th grade, at one of my first school dances, I thought that I would look cool and dance in front of a bunch of boys, and ended up slipping on spilled soda and falling on my butt, causing them all to laugh. I also have (many times) tried to stretch stories and make it seem like I really know what I am doing... when I have no clue. I also recall that most of my late elementary school years, I had no idea how to talk to someone of the opposite sex. I have fallen in front of people too many times to count, and always bounced back up, keeping a smile on my face.
These moments, although terrible at the time, will eventually blow over, even though they seem like they could last forever. These are the things that make us, well, us. They are something to look back on. If we never made mistakes, how would we make ourselves better people? If I never fell while dancing, I would have never thought to look at the dance floor before taking it over.
These are also all of the funny stories that we tell at parties, and will someday tell our children when they go through something like this.
Absolutely nobody in this world is perfect, and if everyone was, would life really be that great?

No comments:

Post a Comment